Research has shown that peony may help:
- Increase white blood cells — A 2016 study found that the active compounds of peony may help increase the number of white blood cells, as well as reverse the atrophy of the thymus.
- Relieve pain — Research published in Frontiers in Pharmacology notes that the compounds of peony have analgesic effects.
- Manage inflammation — Peony may help relieve inflammation-related conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis. It has been found to help minimize factors such as joint swelling, cartilage degradation, synovial hypertrophy and pain.
- Produce antibodies — In vitro studies show that peony may boost the production of immunoglobulin-M at low concentrations. Conversely, the production of the antibody is inhibited at higher doses.
- Reduce oxidative stress — Peony has been found to have antioxidant properties.
Other products that can support this wonderful herb are our Anti-inflammatory Herbal Tea Blend, our Anti Inflammatory Glycetract, Inflammation Pack or choose one of our 8 week Health and Wellness programs. Book in to see our Herbal Naturopathy – detail below
Herbal Naturopathic/Nutritional Appointments - in Person and On line
If you would like to have a more tailored approach to your health concerns you can book in to see our Herbal Naturopath. (you will be transferred to our sister companies online booking service) She will look at you as an individual and look into your specific needs through holistic and evidence-based approach to wellness. Herbal Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treatment plans are designed to treat you as a whole person and not just your presenting symptoms.