The use of cardamom dates back to at least 4,000 years. Considered one of the world’s oldest spices, it was used in ancient Egypt for its medicinal properties – and even as a part of rituals and embalming.
Cardamom has numerous health benefits ranging from curing dental problems and urinary tract infections to improving blood circulation in the body, alleviating depression and controlling cholesterol as well as cancer to name a few.
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties May Lower Blood Pressure
- May Contain Cancer-Fighting Compounds
- May Protect from Chronic Diseases Thanks to Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- May Help with Digestive Problems, Including Ulcers
- May Treat Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities
- May Have Antibacterial Effects and Treat Infections
- May Improve Breathing and Oxygen Use
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Liver protection
- Weight Loss