Cardamom Organic Syrup
Cardamom Organic Syrup
The use of cardamom dates back to at least 4,000 years. Considered one of the world’s oldest spices, it was used in ancient Egypt for its medicinal properties – and even as a part of rituals and embalming.
Cardamom has numerous health benefits ranging from curing dental problems and urinary tract infections to improving blood circulation in the body, alleviating depression and controlling cholesterol as well as cancer to name a few.
- Antioxidant and Diuretic Properties May Lower Blood Pressure
- May Contain Cancer-Fighting Compounds
- May Protect from Chronic Diseases Thanks to Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- May Help with Digestive Problems, Including Ulcers
- May Treat Bad Breath and Prevent Cavities
- May Have Antibacterial Effects and Treat Infections
- May Improve Breathing and Oxygen Use
- May Lower Blood Sugar Levels
- Liver protection
- Weight Loss
Herbal Syrups are an old and favoured form of administering herbal medication. Syrups are sweet flavoursome and are highly palatable offering a pleasing appearance and taste.
You can add syrups to Tonic water, soda water for a refreshing sparkling drink.
- Use it to sweeten iced tea or add a new dimension to a pitcher of lemonade.
- Brush it between cake layers to add moistness and flavour.
- Use it alone or with yogurt to dress fruit salads.
- Stir it into your morning porridge
- Pour it on top of your pancakes
The uses are endless, just use your imagination.
**Do not give honey based medicines/Syrups to children under 1 years old.**
You might also be interested in our range of Herbal Electuaries which are also made from herbs and honey. Electuaries make some of the most pungent tasting herbs palatable. It is herbal powders mixed with raw honey to create a paste. This paste can be taken by the spoonful or mixed with water to make a delicious medicinal herbal tea. As the herbs are left in the jar, the mix could become stronger over time.
Herbal Naturopathic/Nutritional Appointments - in Person and On line
If you would like to have a more tailored approach to your health concerns you can book in to see our Herbal Naturopath. (you will be transferred to our sister companies online booking service) She will look at you as an individual and look into your specific needs through holistic and evidence-based approach to wellness. Herbal Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treatment plans are designed to treat you as a whole person and not just your presenting symptoms.