Historically, herbal elixirs were used medicinally, as a pleasant way to treat a variety of ailments. Adding a sweetener to bitter or astringent herb tinctures can make ingesting them a more palatable experience, especially with kids.
Oak Tree herbal Clinic Herbal elixirs are a combination of Certified Organic Herbs, Raw Honey, Distilled Water and Alcohol.
The menopausal symptoms black cohosh could be used to reduce include:
- hot flashes
- excessive sweating or night sweats
- loss of elasticity and moisture in the vulva and vaginal tissues
- pain during intercourse
- sleep disturbances
- mood changes, such as nervousness and irritability
- decreased sex drive or motivation
- heart palpitations
- ringing in the ears
- bone density loss in postmenopausal women
- heart disease in postmenopausal women
- reduced mental performance in postmenopausal women
Women sometimes take it to regulate periods, ease PMS symptoms, and induce labour. Black cohosh has also been used to relieve arthritis pain and help lower blood pressure. (https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317530.php)