Chaste Berry - Glycetract
Chaste Berry - Glycetract
The health benefits of chasteberry are mostly related to reproduction and, in women, to menstrual health. Despite containing no hormones or hormone-like compounds, this herb can actually influence your hormonal activity by stimulating the pituitary gland to create more luteinizing hormone (LH).
By doing this, the ovaries are triggered to increase their production of progesterone. Some of the other potential benefits of chasteberry include:
- Alleviating PMS symptoms, such as bloating, depression and irritability. The herb works by normalizing the ratio of progesterone to estrogen, which then soothes monthly discomforts. In one study of premenstrual women, it was found that 90 percent of those who took the herb reported a reduction in PMS symptoms.
- Relieves menstruation pain. According to the American Family Physician, chasteberry may help ease painful menstruation, uterine bleeding and breast discomfort in menstruating women.
- Ease endometriosis symptoms. Taking standardized chasteberry extract for hormonal support may be helpful in easing the pain caused by this condition. The herb should be taken long-term, around 12 to 18 months, to be fully effective in this manner.
- May help regulate menstrual cycle. It may be helpful for women with irregular periods or those who are coming off of hormonal birth control.
- Promote men's reproductive health. Despite being called “the women’s herb,” chasteberry may have benefits for men’s health as well. It can help increase urine flow, alleviate benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and turn off sexual desire. (https://articles.mercola.com/herbs-spices/chasteberry.aspx)
Glycetracts are made without using alcohol for the extraction of the herb. They are made from Glycerol, distilled water and herbs. The glycerol used is vegetable sourced. Glycetracts are suitable for people who need to avoid any alcohol (e.g. young children, recovering alcoholics and those with liver distress).
If you are on any medication you need to seek the advice of your health practitioner before consuming. If you are unsure, email us and our Herbalist/Naturopath will let you know.
You might also be interested in our Vitality for Women Herbal Tea Blend, Vitality for Men herbal Tea blend, our Stomach Tonic Electuary, or choose to participate in one of our 8 Week Health and Wellness Programs. - Book in to see our Herbal Naturopath - details below.
Herbal Naturopathic/Nutritional Appointments - in Person and On line
If you would like to have a more tailored approach to your health concerns you can book in to see our Herbal Naturopath. (you will be transferred to our sister companies online booking service) She will look at you as an individual and look into your specific needs through holistic and evidence-based approach to wellness. Herbal Naturopathic principles are based on treating each person as an individual and treatment plans are designed to treat you as a whole person and not just your presenting symptoms.
The glycerin we use is non Palm oil, the vegetable source is canola oil and soy oil. It is also GMO free and comes from Malaysia. It is USP (United States Pharmacopoeia Standard) and BP (British Pharmacopoeia standard).