Historically, herbal elixirs were used medicinally, as a pleasant way to treat a variety of ailments. Adding a sweetener to bitter or astringent herb tinctures can make ingesting them a more palatable experience, especially with kids.
Oak Tree herbal Clinic Herbal elixirs are a combination of Certified Organic Herbs, Raw Honey, Distilled Water and Alcohol.
The health benefits of chasteberry are mostly related to reproduction and, in women, to menstrual health. Despite containing no hormones or hormone-like compounds, this herb can actually influence your hormonal activity by stimulating the pituitary gland to create more luteinizing hormone (LH).
By doing this, the ovaries are triggered to increase their production of progesterone. Some of the other potential benefits of chaste berry include:
- Alleviating PMS symptoms, such as bloating, depression and irritability. The herb works by normalizing the ratio of progesterone to estrogen, which then soothes monthly discomforts. In one study of premenstrual women, it was found that 90 percent of those who took the herb reported a reduction in PMS symptoms.
- Relieves menstruation pain. According to the American Family Physician, chaste berry may help ease painful menstruation, uterine bleeding and breast discomfort in menstruating women.
- Ease endometriosis symptoms. Taking standardized chaste berry extract for hormonal support may be helpful in easing the pain caused by this condition. The herb should be taken long-term, around 12 to 18 months, to be fully effective in this manner.
- May help regulate menstrual cycle. It may be helpful for women with irregular periods or those who are coming off of hormonal birth control.
- Promote men's reproductive health. Despite being called “the women’s herb,” chasteberry may have benefits for men’s health as well. It can help increase urine flow, alleviate benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and turn off sexual desire. (https://articles.mercola.com/herbs-spices/chasteberry.aspx)
*Our naturopath will be in touch with you via email to make sure this is the right tincture for you.