Irish Moss was traditionally used for
- Thyroid health,
- Respiratory Health - helps to clear out lungs of phlegm associated with common cold.
- Irish Moss contains 92 minerals and the body is made up of 102 minerals, has excellent immune boosting properties, is a great digestive support.
Scientists with the U,S, Department of Agriculture state that 100 grams of edible sea miss is very nutritious and contains very high amounts of potassium, calcium, phosphorous, sodium and iron. Irish moss also has magnesium, chlorine, sulfur, copper, iodine and other trace minerals.
- Natural thickening agent,
- Softens skin,
- Helps emulsify products,
- Strengthens hair / fortify hair fibres,
- Enhances shine in hair, Soothes scalp,
- Adds moisture and “smoothness” to the hair.
Irish Moss functions as a thinner. As a result, individuals that are taking anticoagulant medications (blood thinner) should abstain from using Irish Moss in any form.
Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use Irish Moss as the effects are unknown.
Actions; Expectorant, Demulcent, Anti-Catarrhal, Pectoral, Vulnerary, Anti-bacterial, Alternative